Local Deal Monkey allows users to contribute different kinds of content, including reviews, photos, events, private messages, and more. Playing nice isn't rocket science, but just in case, we've put together these general guidelines. Please also read the guidelines below for specific types of content that you might contribute to the site.
- Inappropriate content: Colorful language and imagery is fine, but there's no need for threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, and other displays of bigotry.
- Promotional content: Unless you're using your Business Owners Account to add content to your business's profile page, we generally frown upon promotional content. Let's keep the site useful for consumers and not overrun with commercial noise from every user.
- Find the right forum: Please make sure your contributions are relevant and appropriate to the forum. For example, reviews aren't the place for random rants about a business's employment practices, political ideologies, or other matters that don't address the core of the consumer experience. Some things are better addressed in other forums.
- Privacy: Don't publicize other people's private information. While some businesses may be identified by the people behind them (e.g., real estate agents, doctors, etc.), you should generally avoid posting other people's full names, personal phone numbers and email addresses — and avoid uploading close-ups of other people without their permission.
- Intellectual property: Don't swipe content from other sites or users. You're a smart cookie, so write your own reviews and take your own photos, please!